The City of Winston-Salem has our job application process. Effective Monday, February 27, 2012, we will no longer accept paper applications.
The new system will require you to have an e-mail address which will be used to contact you throughout the hiring process and to keep you updated on the status of your application. You will also be able to create an application that can be used to easily apply for multiple jobs in the future without creating a new application each time.
Thank you for your interest in promotional opportunities with the City of Winston-Salem. We look forward to providing better service as we make this transition.
NeoGov is the application used to manage applicant and recruitment data throughout the selection process. With NeoGov, Human Resources can post job openings, accept applications online, and route applications to the appropriate hiring manager all within one central application.
NeoGov jobs listing web site
It also serves as an applicant self-service portal in that it allows for creating accounts to store personal and job history information. To apply for a job with the city, the applicant simply reviews their stored data, selects the desired job posting and submits the application. The application is then automatically routed to Human Resources and the appropriate hiring manager. After submitting an application, the applicant has the ability to follow the progress of his/her application as it moves along in the hiring process.
Other features include:
- Job interest notifications that alert an applicant when a desired job has been posted
- Capability of asking job-specific questions in addition to the standard application information
- Capability of pre-screening applicants based on minimum qualifications needed
- Applicant self-scheduling of interviews or other appointments
- Generate email notifications
- Enhanced reporting capabilities in the recruitment area