(links to external web sites will open in a new window)
updated 10-8-2019: Flu Shot Clinic information
On behalf of the City of Winston-Salem, thank you for your years of dedicated service! You can find important retiree information here to keep you up-to-date with your retirement benefits. Please feel free to call our office if you need additional information. We are always here to help!
Human Resources Director
2020 Annual Enrollment
As the rates have not changed for our insurance we will not be having Annual Enrollment Information meetings this year.
Annual Enrollment period for Retirees is Monday October 7th, 2019 through Monday October 28th, 2019.
To make your benefit elections, go to https://annualenrollment.cityofws.org/
After making enrollment elections, Retirees should print a copy of their election summary for their records. This will serve as confirmation of their 2020 benefit elections.
BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD of North Carolina
2019 Flu Shot Clinic
The Flu shot clinic will run from October 4 to October 28, 2019.
If you have any questions please contact Employee Medical at 336-727-2305 or email Theresad@cityofws.org.
Flu Shot Clinic flyer [pdf/1p]
2020 Medicare Advantage
The City is in the process of finalizing the Medicare plan information for the 2020 plan year. The City should have the details finalized by mid to late November. Participants will be notified by mail in November of the plan details.
2019 Aetna Medicare Advantage
Aetna will continue to administer the City's Medicare plan for the 2019 plan year. Since there are no changes to the Aetna Medicare benefit coverage, there is no retiree meeting this year to go over the plan.
If you are currently enrolled under the City's Aetna Medicare plan, then your plan will automatically rollover for the next year; there is nothing for you to do.
There is no monthly premium for retirees; the City will continue to pay your monthly plan premiums to Aetna on your behalf.
The 2019 monthly premium for spouses of retirees is $187.69.
Both retirees and spouses of retirees must continue their Medicare Part A and Part B coverage in order to continue enrollment in the City's Aetna Medicare plan.
Effective 01/01/2018 SaversAdmin will be administering:
- BCBS Retiree Health Insurance premium payments (except WSPORS retirees)
- COBRA dental premium payments
- 2018 Individual $26.52
- 2018 Family $73.56
- COBRA Dental Reimbursement Plan (Dental Insurance)
- Medicare Advantage Reimbursement Plan
- For those retirees who opt-out of our Aetna Medicare Advantage Program and enroll in their own supplement plan, the City will reimburse the cost of your Medicare Supplement up to the cost of our plan which is $185 for 2018. Please use the following form to receive your premium reimbursement.
- Savers Medicare Premium Reimbursement Form [pdf/150kb/1p]
- Human Resources will mail out Aetna Enrollment Forms to those Retirees and Spouses turning 65 in the near future. If you do not receive your form or need a new one, please call Tameshia Branch at 336-747-6811.
For questions, please contact SaversAdmin at 1-336-837-6712.
2018 Health Risk Assessment UPDATE
In order to qualify for the $50/month discount on your Blue Cross Blue Shield NC insurance premiums and be eligible to receive the Value Based Drug Plan, City Retirees who participated in Biometric Screening during January 2018 must complete your Health Risk Assessment (HRA) between January 1, 2018 and September 30 at 11:59:59 p.m. In March results from your Biometric Screening will automatically be downloaded into your HRA on the screens requesting your height, weight, BMI, blood pressure, blood sugar, total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
Please see the 2017 Health Risk Assessment Letter for Retirees [pdf/1p] for instructions on how to complete the HRA.
Employee Medical Services has MOVED!
Employee Medical Services, formerly located at 32 West 32nd Street, is at the following address as of November 2016::
2000 Lowery Street Suite 150, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Phone numbers and email addresses remain the same. Call 336-727-2305 with questions.
Tobacco Cessation Notice [pdf/1p]
Police Retirees: Police Retirees information [pdf] for important Cost of Living Adjustment to your WSPORS benefit.
Additional Benefit Info/Forms
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- My dependents have been on my health insurance in the past. Do I still need to send documentation certifying they are my dependents?
- NO, if your dependents have been on our insurance previously, you do not have to re-submit proof / certification.
Health Risk Assessment
- To receive the $50 wellness discount on your 2020 health insurance premiums, you must complete the online health risk assessment inbetween January 1, 2019 and September 30, 2019.
- Go to www.bcbsnc.com and log in.
- If you do not have a log in, you must register for member services. You will need your BCBSNC insurance card to do so.
- If you forgot your user name or password, call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card.
- After logging in, click on WELLNESS at the top and then on HEALTH ASSESSMENT.
- The assessment takes about 20 minutes to complete.
LIFESMART WELLNESS PROGRAM
LifeSmart Wellness Class Series
Sittercise Exercise Class
Every Tuesday and Thursday (unless noted)
10:00 - 11:00 a.m. at South Fork Community Center
***For questions about upcoming wellness classes or to reserve your space, please call 748-3868 and leave a message on the Registration Hotline or email email@example.com
How to take online Wellness classes through BCBSNC
City employees can fulfill their wellness class requirement by participating in online wellness programs offered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina.
Instructions for online access (view instructions with pictures [pdf/400kb/3p]):
- Type www.mybcbsnc.com or www.bcbsnc.com into your web browser.
- If this is your first login, you must register for Blue Connect. You will need the Subscriber ID (which you can find on your insurance card), date of birth, and zip code. If you have any issues please contact BCBSNC customer service. Their number is located on the back of your insurance card.
- Click on the "Wellness" tab on the top right of the page
- Click on "Wellness Activities" tab on the left
Wellness Activities Online
- Healthy Living Conversations - Choose from 15 online, interactive conversations on such topics as stress management, healthy thinking and healthy eating
- Online Monthly Seminars - Fun and engaging online seminars on a variety of wellness topics
- Virtual Coaching Programs - Focuses on lifestyle issues such as stress, weight management, nutrition, tobacco and physical activity.
HEALTHY OUTCOMES WELLNESS - Our Program for Better Health
North Carolina State Retirement Systems
North Carolina Treasurer
Pierce Group Insurance - a partner of the NC State Retirement System
Other Retirement Systems
- Winston-Salem Police Officers Retirement System (WSPORS)
Links to Helpful Information
Have a suggestion or comment to send to the Webmaster? Use this form.
rev. 03-23-2018 CMF