The Internal Audit Division is an autonomous assurance and consulting service designed to add value and improve the City of Winston Salem’s operations by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The organizational goals of the Internal Audit Division include:
- Assist the management team by furnishing objective appraisals and recommendations concerning activities under their responsibility
- Help safeguard public assets and promote cost effective operations
- Promote higher levels of control consciousness among employees
Core concepts for conducting internal audit activities are provided in the City of Winston Salem Internal Audit Charter [pdf/1p]. To promote the quality of services provided, all activities are performed in accordance with the applicable standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors’ International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Code of Ethics.
Common Internal Audit services include:
- Internal control evaluations
- Financial and compliance audits
- Contractor and grantee monitoring
- Special projects and investigations
- Consulting projects
Visit our Staff Page to meet our Internal Auditors.