911 Operators Needed!
The Winston-Salem Police Department has immediate openings for 911 operators. Starting pay is $34,643 while in training and $36,466 after training. High school graduates are eligible to apply. Click on the link to a pdf with more information about the about the job, and scroll down for information about how to apply.
Public Safety Comm Operator Job Sheet 2019.pdf
How to Apply for a Non-Sworn Position in the Winston-Salem Police Department:
Applications for non-sworn positions are accepted when vacancies occur; vacancies are posted on the JOBS page.
Application process for non-sworn positions
- Submission of online City of Winston-Salem Application (Initial Application)
- Review of Application by Winston-Salem Police Department Recruiting Personnel. Secondary application packets will be electronically mailed to applicants upon review of the initial city application. NOTICE: To ensure materials are submitted in a timely manner, a submission date will be set and noted in the materials you receive.
- Screening/Interview. (Applicants who meet minimum qualifications will proceed to the next stage).
- Pre-Conditional Offer of Employment Testing
- Typing Test - if applicable
- Oral Interview
- Suitability Screener
- Background Investigation
- Conditional Offer of employment
- Post-Conditional Offer of Employment Testing
- Drug Screening
- Medical Examination
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Interview
- Final Offer of Employment to Selected Applicants
To learn more about non-sworn positions, including pay, work schedule and job description, please see links below:
Forensics Technician [pdf]
Records Specialist [pdf]
Evidence Specialist [pdf]
Telephone Response Operator [pdf]
Police Processing Technician [pdf]
The Winston-Salem Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.