Recreation and Parks
Recreation and Parks provide activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don’t forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
Recreation Center Monthly Programs & Fliers
- Peace Toys for War Toys Toy Drive is this weekend, Saturday, December 16, 2017, from 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds! We have partnered with SCAN/Exchange and will be welcoming a host of sponsors from Flow Jaguar, Texas Roadhouse, and the Forsyth County Bookmobile. Peace Toys Flier English [pdf] Peace Toys Flier Espanol [pdf]
- Be sure to check out our Parks and Open Space Plan Update Public Meeting Schedule! An update to the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Parks and Open Space Plan is underway. Come to one of the scheduled meetings to provide your input on the City and County park systems. All meetings will be drop-in so come by anytime during the stated meeting times. Public Meetings Flier [pdf/1p]
- Lockland Park, at 401 Lockland Avenue, will be closed starting Monday, September 11, 2017, to install an improved stormwater drainage system for the park and the surrounding streets. The park will be closed for the duration of the project, which is expected to last six months, weather permitting. For more information call CityLink 311.
- Quarry Park is now open utilizing our regular park hours of 8:00 a.m. to dusk. Be sure to visit and check out this great site comprised of walking and biking trails, restrooms, seating and beautiful sightlines!
- Ten (10) Recreation Center locations offer After School Care!
After School Locations Flier [pdf/1p] | After School Registration Form [pdf/5p]
- William Royston, Recreation's Director, has been featured by the Winston-Salem Ambassadors! Be sure to visit the Ambassadors Webpage for the inside scoop into the world of Recreation & Parks!
- Demolition on the Reynolds Park Road Bridge has begun and barricades have been set along the Salem Creek Greenway. If you utilize this greenway, please expect a detour. Below are images of the detoured route.
- Cricket’s Nest Craft Shop, located at 4401 Country Club Rd., has new hours! Monday - Saturday 10:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. and Thursday's 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. For more information please call, 336-659-4315!
- Salem Lake Construction information
*Map of Salem Lake[pdf/1p]
Skate Park at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds
Muddy Creek Greenway Access
Rental of picnic shelters and facilities
- Salem Lake has been featured on the Triad Treasures blog! Be sure to read the story today! Salem Lake Piedmont Parent Blog
Historic Bethabara Park has events all season!
Miller Park Improvements online Survey
- Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
Memory Trees & Benches
Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
- Community Band information, schedule, and video
Recreation Centers map and links
- Recreation & Parks has been recognized by Playacrossamerica.com for the playground at Washington Park! Be sure to read the great review and check out the great photos http://playacrossamerica.com/washington-park-winston-salem/
- Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information