Learn how to use SNAP EBT at the market.
Celebrating 44 years in 2017!
Berry Fresh Pie Contest
Congratulations to 1st place winner Dorinda Bray and 2nd place Kim Eyer. Thank you to judges: Sammy Gianopolous - 2520 Tavern and Fratellis Steakhouse; Justin Vernon - West End Cafe; and Carolyn Smith.
Berry-full Pie-eating contest
Congratulations to the pie eating champion Jim Wolfe!
Live Music - Barrie the Vagabond
Magnificent Melon Medley Salad Contest - Enter Below!
Think live cooking competition...3 contestants will compete to shop and prepare onsite a Magnificent Melon Medley Salad!
(1) Three non-professional chefs will compete to make a “Magnificent Melon Medley Salad.
(2) Recipe must be submitted at check-in.
(3) Contestants may bring three ingredients from home. If dressing is part of your dish, it can be made in advance and is not counted as one of the 3 items from home.
(4) Participants must wear appropriate cooking attire during the competition.
(5) At 9 a.m. contestants will have one hour to shop and prepare.
(6) Farmers Market bags will be given to each contestant to purchase items for the salad.
(7) Cooking equipment will not be provided.
(8) A melon must be used as the presentation bowl. All carving, assembling, peeling, and cutting is to
be done during the actual competition.
(9) At 10 a.m. all work must stop.
(10) Judges will score the salads. Scores will be combined to determine the winner.
First place winner will receive $100
SUBMIT ENTRY FORM BY MONDAY, JULY 10
JUDGING CRITERIA – Salads will be judged by professional chefs: Judges: Chef Irvin J. Williams - NOLA Catering; Chef Stephanie Joyner - Sweet Potatoes Restaurant; Carolyn Smith
a. Design (creativity) b. Appearance c. Attention to detail
a. Flavor (strength and balance) b. Texture (crispy/fresh, not soggy or mealy) c. Aftertaste
(3) Overall Impression
- Gourd-geous Gourds! Featuring the N.C. Gourd Society hosting gourd-decorating for kids and a cornucopia-decorating demonstration for adults.
The Fairgrounds Farmers Market is open to the public at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds every Saturday throughout the year from 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The farmers market features locally-grown seasonal fruits and vegetables, flowers, jams, jellies, meats, honey, a variety of crafts and fresh baked goods along with much more! Special events to include contests and demonstrations throughout the summer.
(During the Dixie Classic Fair, the Farmers Market will be located in the lot on Shorefair, behind Pine Hall Brick.)
Enter parking area off of 27th Street (Coliseum Drive). Shop for just a little bit of everything!
421 27th St NW Winston-Salem, NC 27105
Fairgrounds Farmers Market on Facebook
Fairgrounds Farmers Market website
The Fairgrounds Farmers Market is open at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds every Saturday year-round from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Enter through the parking area off 27th Street.