The following city events and activities are being canceled or postponed due to Hurricane Florence:
- Apple Festival at Historic Bethabara Park: Postponed to Oct. 27
- International Village: Postponed to Saturday, Sept. 22. It will be held in conjunction with Fiesta 2018. Shuttles will be available to take attendees between the two festivals.
- Movie Night at BB&T Ballpark: Postponed to Oct. 28. Sponsored by the Winston-Salem Police Foundation.
- Picnic Shelter Reservations: Canceled from Thursday, Sept. 13 through Sunday, Sept. 16. Call 336-727-8000 or 336-734-1219 to reschedule.
- Salem Lake Pier Catfish Tournament: Canceled
- South Fork Park Community Yard Sale: Postponed to Oct. 20
- Special Events requiring street closures: Canceled from Friday, Sept. 14 through Sunday, Sept. 16. All will be rescheduled, per Business Inclusion & Advancement.
- Winston Lake Golf Course: Closed at noon Saturday, Sept. 15 and all day Sunday, Sept. 16.
With Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools closed on Thursday and Friday, the Old Town, Miller Park, Georgia Taylor and Sedge Garden recreation centers will be open both days as WePLAY Day Camps from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The fee will be $10 per child each day. Download the registration form [pdf/4p].