Recreation and Parks
Recreation and Parks provides activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don’t forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
Volleyball teams and statistics
Our 2016 Spring/Summer WePLAY Magazine is now available! Be sure to check it out!
[2016 Spring/Summer WePLAY Magazine [pdf/30kb/26p]
- The KaBoom Playground Instillation kick-off ceremony will be on Saturday, September 24, from 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at the Fourteenth Street Community Center (2020 East 14th Street)
- Due to construction, the entrance to Winston Lake Park is closed at Waterworks Road. All traffic should enter the park through the Old Greensboro Road entrance.
- The Skate Park will be closed until October 15, 2016, for the Dixie Classic Fair.
- Salem Lake construction update:
- *Salem Lake Road is open for visitors to visit the park and use the trail, fish from the bank and launch their kayaks, canoes, and paddleboards!
*Salem Lake Construction information
*Map of Salem Lake[pdf/1p]
Skate Park at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds
Muddy Creek Greenway Access
Rental of picnic shelters and facilities
Salem Lake has been featured on the Triad Treasures blog! Be sure to read the story today!
Salem Lake Piedmont Parent Blog
Historic Bethabara Park has events all summer!
Miller Park Improvements online Survey
Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
Memory Trees & Benches
Recreation and Parks Commission
Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
- Community Band information, schedule, and video
Recreation Centers map and links
- Recreation & Parks has been recognized by Playacrossamerica.com for the playground at Washington Park! Be sure to read the great review and check out the great photos http://playacrossamerica.com/washington-park-winston-salem/
- Here are 10 reasons why we are thankful for Recreation & Parks! Be sure to read our listing [pdf/2kb/1p]!
- Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information