Off-street parking provides convenient parking in a protected location. Nearly three-quarters of all off-street spaces are located in decks. The remainder are in parking lots. There are now more than 2,300 off-street parking spaces. View Winston-Salem Parking Guide map [pdf/167kb/1p]
- Over 2,200 spaces are in two parking decks: 4th/Church and 6th/Cherry.
- The Park & Stroll Program promotes shopping and commerce in the downtown area by selling discount stamps for lower hourly parking rates. The city's public parking decks honor Park & Stroll stamps.
- At most facilities, hourly rates are $1.00, with a $9 maximum per day.
- Third-party billing for special event parking is available.
- The Revenue Office in the Finance Department collects payments for off-street spaces. The Revenue Office is in Bryce A. Stuart Municpal Building, Room 121,
100 East First Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101.
- The mailing address for monthly parking payments is:
City of Winston-Salem, Invoice Dept., P. O. Box 2756, Winston-Salem, NC 27106
Current rates (January 2009) as listed in the Code of Ordinances are as follows:
|City Hall North
||$1.00 for each hour or part thereof; $9.00 daily maximum.
|Sixth-Cherry / Trade Parking Deck, bounded by Cherry and Sixth Streets
||$1.00 for each hour or part thereof; $0.50 per Park and Shop stamp redeemed; $9.00 daily maximum; $9.00 per 24-hour pass; $2.00 per evening or weekend park, $2.00 per weekday lunch with over 400 people attending; $42.00 per month.
|Trade and Liberty Parking Lot
||$0.25 for each half hour.
|Fourth and Church Street Deck Bounded by Fourth, Fifth, Church and Chestnut Street
||$1.00 for each hour or part thereof; $9.00 daily maximum; $0.50 per Park and Shop Stamp redeemed; $65.00 per month interior levels: 10-30 spaces rented, $60.00 per space per month interior levels; 31-50 spaces rented, $55.00 per space per month interior levels; 51-70 spaces rented, $50.00 per month per space interior levels; over 71 spaces rented, $45.00 per space per month interior level; $95.00 per month for reserved space.
For monthly lease information and payments contact City of Winston-Salem Revenue Department at 336-747-6957.
For hourly rates and other questions call Parking Operations at 336-727-8430.
Operating hours for city parking facilities
- City Hall North Lot - open 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
125 North Main Street, just past City Hall (Main is one-way north)
hourly parking only
- 4th/Church Deck - open 6:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
455 North Church Street, between Fourth and Fifth streets
hourly and monthly parking
- 6th/Cherry Deck - open 6:30 a.m. - 11 p.m., Monday - Friday;
weekend hours vary depending on Convention Center Schedule
519 North Cherry Street, at corner of Cherry and Sixth, enter either street (Cherry is one-way north)
hourly and monthly parking