Jump to Quarry Park information
Rock Out the Quarry Presented by Vulcan Materials Company
Featuring fireworks, live music & 20+ food trucks!
Saturday, June 29, 2019
Quarry Park, 1790 Quarry Road
No public parking will be available at Quarry Park.
Free WSTA Park & Ride Shuttles - starting at 5 p.m. (view printable map)
- WR Anderson Community Center, 2450 Reynolds Park Road (handicap parking only)
- Boys & Girls Club, 2100 Reynolds Park Road
- Emanuel Baptist Church, 1075 Shalimar Dr.
- Salem Lake Marina, 815 Salem Lake Road
- South East Plaza Shopping Center, 3025 Waughtown St.
- Hall-Woodward Elementary School, 125 Nicholson Road
- Hanes Magnet School, 2355 Pleasant St.
- St. Andrews United Methodist Church, 1840 Butler St.
- Lawn Chairs
- Umbrellas (up to 3 feet)
- Glass containers
- Fishing Equipment
1790 Quarry Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27107
8 a.m. to dusk daily.
Quarry Park offers a peaceful refuge in the heart of Winston-Salem. The park's focal point is the overlook pier that extends over the eastern side of the quarry, offering views of the deep blue waters of the old quarry that gives the park its name, and of the city skyline in the distance. The park also has several overlooks offering different perspectives on the old quarry.
The quarry was operated as Piedmont Quarry from the mid-1920s until the early 1970s. When work stopped the quarry slowly filled with water, though high cliffs still ring the site. Vulcan Materials donated the land to the city in 1998.
Quarry Park is located at 1790 Quarry Road. Enter off Reynolds Park Road, next to the tennis courts at the William R. Anderson Recreation Center and across from Reynolds Park Golf Course.
On foot or by bike, you can also access get to the park on the Waughtown Connector greenway, which runs to the Waughtown area on one end and the Peachtree Greenway on the other.
Quarry Park Map
Download printable map [pdf/1p]
- No fishing
- No swimming or diving
- No boats, kayaks or other watercraft
- Dogs must be on a leash
- No feeding the wildlife
- Clean up after your dogs and horses
- No motorized vehicles on trails or on grass
- No camping/BMX activities
- No alcoholic beverages or drugs
- No littering, dumping or burning
- No glass containers
- No golf practice
- All weapons are prohibited except concealed handguns with a valid concealed-carry permit (City Code Sections 38-10 and 38-12)