Recreation and Parks
Recreation and Parks provides activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don’t forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
MILLER PARK IMPROVEMENTS SURVEY
The Fall/Winter 2015 WePLAY Magazine is now available! Be sure to check out our many programs and events.
Fall/Winter 2015 WePLAY Magazine pdf/30kb/24p
News & Updates
- IMPORTANT UPDATES
- The 14th Street Community Recreation Center, at 2020 N.E. 14th St., is closed until Monday, Dec. 7, for scheduled repairs to the gymnasium. For more information call CityLink 311.
- The tennis courts at Old Town Park are closed for repairs until further notice.
- The times at Salem Lake have changed. Visit the Salem Lake Page for further information!
- Miller Park Community Center will have its Drop in Day on November 25 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. $10 early registration, $15 day of. Bring your children to Miller Park for a day full of FUN on inclement weather days and when WS/FC Schools are out! Registration is required so be sure to contact the center at (336) 727-2831.
- Carl H. Russell, Sr. Community Center will be hosting its Father & Son Breakfast on Saturday November 28 from 9:00 a.m - 11:00 a.m. For further information, please call Ben Piggott at (336) 727-2580.
- The Dodgeball Organizational Meeting will be held on Monday, November 30 at Georgia Taylor Neighborhood Center at 6:30 p.m. For more information, contact Todd Barr at (336) 734-1216.
- Be sure to check out the Talent Show at W.R. Anderson Community Center on December 3 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.! Please contact Bryant McCorkle (336) 650-7684 for more details!
- Special Olympics will host the Youth Bowling Tournament December 4 at Creekside Lanes at 10:00 a.m.! For more information, contact Lisa Kiser at (336) 734-1211.
- The Winter Volleyball Organizational Meeting is December 6 at 7:00 p.m. at Polo Park Community Center. At least one (1) person per team must be present. Persons looking to join teams are encouraged to attend. For more information, please contact Dick Butler at (336) 734-1212.
- The picnic shelter at Salem Lake will be closed for construction from October 3, 2015, until December 31, 2016.
- The Playground at Granville Park has now reopened!
- For more information on Piedmont Plus Senior Games, please visit the senior's page!
- Historic Bethabara Park! Be sure to check their page for upcoming events!
- Here are 10 reasons why we are thankful for Recreation & Parks! Be sure to read our listing [pdf/2kb/1p]!
- Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
- Get Involved...Adopt-a-Park!
- Memory Trees & Benches
- Recreation and Parks Commission
- Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information